SAFIR is an EU project to help provide SAFe IRrigation.
The two main components of this project is:
- Health issues related to use of low quality water for irrigation.
- Use of partial rootzone drying (PRD) for conserving water.
Some Daisy related tasks include:
- Support for row crops, including a 2D root density model.
- Two dimensional soil description.
- One or more tomato parameterization
- A Soil Vegetation Atmosphere Transpher (SVAT) model.
- Much more.
- Annex 3.1: 2D Water movement
- Annex 3.3: Advanced photosynthesis module
- Annex 3.4: 2D Root density (GP2D)
- Annex 3.5: Plant hormone ABA production in roots (for PRD).
- Annex 3.6: Advanced SVAT module.
Section 3.4: OpenMI interface for Daisy.